You don’t have to create an account to use this forum, you can view and even reply to any topic as a guest. You can simply just input a random name and email if you wish to remain anonymous.
The main aim for this forum is to encourage and support each other as we share our own stories and experiences.
We support each other to talk openly about difficult subjects in a safe manner. Remember that the forums are public. Don’t post personal information that you would not be comfortable sharing with a stranger. We recommend you use only your first name or a pseudonym in your username and that you don’t post any information that may identify you or anyone else, such as your address, email address or phone number
- No spam. All automated messages, advertisements, and links to competitor websites will be deleted immediately.
- Post in relevant sub-forums only. Messages posted in the wrong topic area will be removed and placed in the correct sub-forum by moderators.
- Respect other users. No flaming or abusing fellow forum members. Users who continue to post inflammatory, abusive comments will be deleted from the forum after two warnings are issued by moderators.
- Harassment. No threats or harassment of other users will be tolerated. Any instance of threatening or harassing behavior is grounds for deletion from the forums.
- Adult content. No profanity or pornography is allowed. Posts containing adult material will be deleted.
- Illegal content. No re-posting of copyrighted materials or other illegal content is allowed. Any posts containing illegal content or copyrighted materials will be deleted.
[Sticky] Meditation experiences and benefits
Whilst at my lowest I tried to see what would work for me.
I don’t feel that I gave meditation the chance it deserved. I struggle to sit still for long amount of times and my mind constantly feels so busy I let the fear of it “not helping” stopping me from giving it a good shot.
What are your own personal experiences?
What could people like myself do to help the starting off phase?
How has meditation helped you?
I absolutely love meditation.
It is a tricky thing to get into though, because most of us are overly involve with our minds (see my reply on mindfulness).
I would recommend the app Head Space. The first few lessons on there is free. And it really helps understand the basics behind meditation. Then also, Power Thoughts Meditation Club has some pretty cool guided meditations.
The trick is to start small. Like 5min. And start with guided meditations. Eventually you’ll get to a place where you don’t need guidance or a timer.